Jesus, cast a look on me. Give me sweet simplicity. Make me poor and keep me low. Seeking only Thee to know.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Over 4.5 billion who are without Christ are right now heading to an eternity in hell.

That is a vast spiritual need. Add to that a vast physical need.

26,000 children will die today because of preventable disease.

God has chosen to determine the measure and integrity of faith by our response to the poor. If this book[The Bible]is true, then we do not have time to play games with our lives. We do not have time to play games in the church. I want to call us this morning to forsake hopes, plans, dreams, possessions, and ideas of a nice, comfortable, safe middle-class American life. I want to call you to forsake it all in radical abandonment for Jesus Christ.

David Platt

Source:http://www.benterry.com/?s=american+dream

emphasis by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment