Jesus, cast a look on me. Give me sweet simplicity. Make me poor and keep me low. Seeking only Thee to know.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Purify your mind by turning away from worldly entertainment.

James 12:1 Putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls.

"It astonishes me how many Christians watch the same banal, empty, silly, trivial, titillating, suggestive, immodest TV shows that most unbelievers watch. This makes us small and weak and worldly and inauthentic in worship. Instead, turn off the television and read something true and great and beautiful and pure and honorable and excellent and worthy of praise (Philippians 4:8). Your heart will unshrivel and be able to feel greatness again."
John Piper

(emphases by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment