Jesus, cast a look on me. Give me sweet simplicity. Make me poor and keep me low. Seeking only Thee to know.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pro-Homeschool

"Try to see in your mind's eye the Lord of heaven and earth coming over to you and striking up a conversation like He did with the Samaritan woman at the well (John 4). You're speechless at first and filled with incredible emotions while you and Jesus talk, then the conversation turns to your children.
"How are they doing? Where are they now?" Jesus asks.
Your reply is, "Oh Lord, I dropped them off at the local public school for their education and training up."
The Lord responds with a gentle rebuke, "But I gave them to you to train up."
"Oh, yes, Lord, I know that, so that's why I try to take them to Sunday school every week," you reply.
Jesus replies, "But I gave them to you to disciple."
What would the Christian parent's reply be then? "I didn't know"?
Didn't know? Is God's Word vague on such an important topics as how to train up the next generation? Are not some of the following verses clear: Deuteronomy 6:1-9; 11:18-22; Proverbs 22:6 and Ephesians 6:4, to name a few?"

excerpt from http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=87264

No comments:

Post a Comment