Jesus, cast a look on me. Give me sweet simplicity. Make me poor and keep me low. Seeking only Thee to know.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

"My hard work is not the cause but the result of blood-bought grace


...the life that flows from the soul that lives on Jesus is a life of love and service. When our hearts find their rest in Christ, we stop using other people to meet our needs, and instead we make ourselves servants to meet[others] needs. This is so contrary to the unregenerate human heart that it stands out as something beautiful to be followed or something convicting to be crucified."

from John Piper's Rethinking Retirement
emphases added by me


Rom 15:18
For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ has not accomplished through me, in word and deed, to make the Gentiles obedient--

1 comment:

  1. Amy.. I have copied this post out and will be tucking it into my Quiet time folder. Good stuff, my dear. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete