Jesus, cast a look on me. Give me sweet simplicity. Make me poor and keep me low. Seeking only Thee to know.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

gOT iT?

I asked God to take away my habit.
God said, No. It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.


I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.


I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No.Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned.


I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No.I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No.Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No.You must grow on your own! , but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No. I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
God said...Ahhhh, finally you've got it.
[this is not mine, but i forgot where i read it!]


James 1:2-3, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." (NIV)

Romans 5:3-5, "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." (NIV)

Col 3:14, “Beyond all these things {put on} love, which is the perfect bond of unity”

No comments:

Post a Comment