Jesus, cast a look on me. Give me sweet simplicity. Make me poor and keep me low. Seeking only Thee to know.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

AbbyGrace


So I came across a precious child of God that needs our prayers (see at left) and it brought back some scary memories of the darkest days we had with our Georgia.



Our baby girl (who is now 13 months old)had brain surgery at 5 months of age. The epilepolotists (spelling??) at LeBonheur in Memphis were able to pinpoint the part of her brain that was causing her to have multiple daily seizures. She has been seizure free since the surgery and developing on schedule-praise God.
I remember the days spent in a hospital room bathroom(we couldn't find any other private room!) pumping. I remember watching as the nurses poked around trying to hit those tiny veins. I remember hearing the screams from the other room where my husband, and one time my father, had gone with Georgia to get a spinal tap done. But I also remember God's mercy. I remember the Christian nurse, Chloe, who suggested to me that I go to the hospital chapel-which I did, daily, sometimes more than once a day. I remember the hospital's Chaplin who prayed with me for Georgia and for myself and David as parents. I remember the miracles, big and small, like the part of the brain where the seizures were coming from would bring the least repercussions, the stroke she had during surgery that caused no damage, and the incident in the PICU when a nurse accidentally overdosed her and David could feel her breathing slow against his chest.
My husband and I did not handle having a sick child very eloquently. However, in hindsight we see how God has used such a terrible situation for His glory. He has transformed the lives of our entire family. Our heavenly Father used little Georgia Greer to bring family members closer together, to bring strangers to seek Him, to hold myself and my husband accountable for our lifestyle (meaning, He put things into perspective-material things SO don't matter.), revealed Himself as faithful and loving and strong and kind and trustworthy of all the wonderful things He promises us as believers. Those promises may not look like we had expected or even wanted but as our heavenly Father He knows what is best for us and is always in control.
Amongst other things, I have learned that it is essential to stay in the Word. When fear, stress, pain, and/or panic strikes, and it will, God's words will comfort you.

To recognize Christ's presence is the antidote for fear.

Prayer is more effective than panic. Panic confirms your hopelessness, prayer confirms your hope in God.

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." Ps. 143:8-12

"Call to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3

No comments:

Post a Comment