Jesus, cast a look on me. Give me sweet simplicity. Make me poor and keep me low. Seeking only Thee to know.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Come to Me for rest...

"Do not be ashamed of your exhaustion. Instead, see it as an opportunity for Me to take charge of your life.
Much of your weariness results from your constant battle against these opponents[the world, the flesh, the devil]. However, you are on the path of My choosing so don't give up! Hope in Me, for you will again praise Me for the help of My Presence."
from Jesus Calling:Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young

...its good to be reminded of sometimes. Thanks, sis.

Romans 8:28 (NIV)
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,who have been called according to his purpose.

Psalm 42:11 (Niv)
Why are you downcast, O my soul?

Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

2 comments:

  1. Bean,
    We must be on the same wave length. The quote on rest and the verses definitely spoke to me. Thanks for sharing.
    Love,
    Red

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gal 6:9 - Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.

    We love you! and miss you and your family... hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete