Jesus, cast a look on me. Give me sweet simplicity. Make me poor and keep me low. Seeking only Thee to know.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Genesis 1

"The opening statement of the Bible is the foundation of our faith. 'In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.'
If the Holy Spirit cannot be trusted when He tells of creation, how can He be trusted when He tells of salvation? If what He says about earth in Genesis 1 can be questioned, then what He says about heaven in Revelation 22 can be questioned. If the Holy Spirit cannot be trusted in Genesis 1, how can he be trusted in John 3:16?”
http://pastorscmartin.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-beginning-god.html

It is beyond my understanding how some people choose to believe parts of the Bible but not all. To, in essence, pick and choose what they can wrap their minds around at the time and that which they are (selfishly) willing to incorporate into their lives. I would rather the man who honestly says "I do not believe in the Bible" than anyone who mocks, laughs at, refuses, or tries to put their own spin on scripture in one breath and then in the other proclaim that "God is good". Who is this God you speak of?? And will He even know you on the day of judgement??
just sayin'.

2Ti 3:16
"All Scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, "


Mat 7:23
"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' "

No comments:

Post a Comment