Jesus, cast a look on me. Give me sweet simplicity. Make me poor and keep me low. Seeking only Thee to know.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Compact.



What it is: "a 12-month flight from the consumer grid (calendar year 2010)."




What my family is committing to:

  • "To go beyond recycling in trying to counteract the negative global environmental and socioeconomic impacts of disposable consumer culture and to support local businesses, farms, etc. -- the Mayflower Compact.
  • To reduce clutter and waste in our home(as in trash Compact-er).
  • To simplify our lives (as in Calm-pact)"...less STUFF; more of Him. (as my lovely, unofficial mentor stated at her blog...http://tomatosoupcake.blogspot.com/


Mat 6:19
"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;

Jer 51:13
"O you who dwell by many waters, Abundant in treasures, Your end has come, The measure of your covetousness. "

Galatians 6:12-13"So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other...

Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever. "

No comments:

Post a Comment