Jesus, cast a look on me. Give me sweet simplicity. Make me poor and keep me low. Seeking only Thee to know.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

What does living by faith look like? R U sure??

After a visit to the homeless shelter this past Saturday, God let me in on a little secret...

Hbr 11:37
"They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented-- "

These servants of the Lord (who are all examples of living by faith!) are a reminder to us that our trials, sufferings, and anguishing impossibilities do not necessarily mean we are failing to trust God. These challenges often mean that we are being given an opportunity to humbly, dependently, draw upon the grace of God in ways that we need to experience or others need to observe.
adapted from http://www.blueletterbible.org

I have to wonder...did I encounter a fellow brother or sister in Christ as I served them lunch? Praise God that he had let the scales fall from my eyes and removed any hautiness from my heart so that while I was there I was able to look these brothers and sisters in the eyes and...love them.


Act 9:18
"Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized, "

No comments:

Post a Comment