Jesus, cast a look on me. Give me sweet simplicity. Make me poor and keep me low. Seeking only Thee to know.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Shack

"Personally, I would never recommend this book. Why? Because from cover to cover Mr. Young indulges in blaspheming the holy name of my awesome heavenly Father, as well as blaspheming the name of Jesus and the Holy Spirit by giving them “names” that he personally liked. Mr. Young also blasphemed by defiling the holy character of God by bringing Him down to our level and conversing with God as if God were our equal. Then there’s the rampant heresy Mr. Young spews all over the pages of this book. The god of The Shack is certainly not a god I would ever worship. Mr. Young’s god is weak, cuddly, foolish, too co-dependent on people and apparently isn’t very powerful"...

2 Peter 2:1
"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.”
Isaiah 46:5, 9
"To whom will you liken Me and make Me equal, and compare Me, that we may be alike?...remember the things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me,"
Psalm 119:104-105
"Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”

No comments:

Post a Comment