Jesus, cast a look on me. Give me sweet simplicity. Make me poor and keep me low. Seeking only Thee to know.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Daily Scripture Readings

Still reading the intro to Celebration of Discipline-Richard Foster makes it clear that these disciplines are not to become "law". They are a means to "place us before God; not earn brownie points with GOD."

Phillipians 3:9 "that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ-the righteousness that comes from God is by faith."

The following is the recommended scripture reading from Celebration of Discipline that I will be incorporating into my own daily Bible study...
Sunday-the longing to go deeper. Psalms 42
Monday-the slavery to ingrained habits. Psalms 51
Tuesday-the slavery to ingrained habits. Romans 7:13-25
Wednesday-the bankruptcy of outward righteousness. Philippians 3:1-16
Thursday-sin in the bodily members. Proverbs 6:16-19
Friday-sin in the bodily members. Romans 6:5-14
Saturday-the victory of spiritual discipline. Ephesians 6:10-20

No comments:

Post a Comment