Jesus, cast a look on me. Give me sweet simplicity. Make me poor and keep me low. Seeking only Thee to know.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Temple

ONE OF MY VERY FAVORITE POEMS EVER!! Written by an old friend of mine-Jen Stinn :)



The Temple

If only I had known
That this shell of flesh and bone
Was meant to be a home-for you

Would I have chosen differently
If I knew all were meant to see
Your invisibleness in me-your child

On my body I bear the marks
Of decisions dreadful and dark
A wrong master from the start-have mercy

Can you see what I have done
The lies to which I've run
The world's thoughts, oh how I've clung-change me

Can you recreate in me
A fitting dwelling for a King
Am I a temple of royalty-use me

A sacred home I have become
Purchased by the blood of the Son
Built by the hands of One-God's temple

No comments:

Post a Comment