Jesus, cast a look on me. Give me sweet simplicity. Make me poor and keep me low. Seeking only Thee to know.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mama P



In college they used to call me Mama P b/c I was always taking care of everyone. Well, here are some things that I wish someone had taught me. It would have saved me a lot of pain, irreversable bad choices, and years spent apart from God.

Read Proverbs 31!
The woman of noble character:
-excellent wife and mother
-strong character
-great wisdom
-many skills
-great compassion

The idea of an ideal woman in the bible:
manufacturer
importer
manager
realtor
farmer
seamstress
upholsterer
merchant
PHYSICAL APPEARANCE IS NOT EVEN MENTIONED!!

"Her attractiveness comes entirely from her character"

hard work
respect for spouse
foresight
encouragement
care for others
concern for the poor
wisdom in handeling money
+
fear of God
=
enjoyment
success
honor
worth

1 Corinthians 13
Love is...
patient
kind
does not envy
does not boast
not proud
not rude
not self-seeking
not easily angered
keeps no record of wrongs
does not delight with evil but rejoices with truth
always protects
always trusts
always hopes
always perservers

How can you keep your physical desires from deceiving you?
1. You must decide what kind of person you will love BEFORE physical passion takes over
2. Your partner's personality, temperment, and commitment to solve problems must be the most gratifying things about him/her
3. Be patient

Determine whether a person's character and faith in God are as desirable as his/her physical apperance.

"God is a creator and a builder. You are the house that God built. He is building you into the character and likeness of Christ. If you have yielded your life to him."

"If my body is the temple of the Lord ,and it was meant to serve Him, then I must be a servant to the desires of the Spirit-NOT THE DESIRES AND CRAVINGS OF THE FLESH. Our fleshly nature and the Spirit of God within us desire very differnt things."

Galatians 6:12-13"So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other..."

The 3 M's:(The Three Most Important Choices in Your Life)
Who's going to be your Master?

What's going to be your Mission?
Who's going to be your Mate?

God wants to be my only definition of who I am. I am a child of God, holy and dearly loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment