Jesus, cast a look on me. Give me sweet simplicity. Make me poor and keep me low. Seeking only Thee to know.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Samuel 13

So I was reading I Samuel 13:1-15 tonight and wanted to share with you...

"Saul let the world set his standards for himself (instead of God); left unchecked, his pride grew into an ugly obsession; thus it destroyed him, tore his family apart, and threatened the well-being of the nation. "

"When we forget who is on our side or see only our own resources, we tend to panic at the sight of opposition. The Israelites forgot that God was on their side (Romans 8:31-37). Under pressure, Saul took matters into his own hands and disobeyed God. It is difficult to trust God when you feel your resources slipping away; becoming impatient with God's timing. But God often uses delays to test our obedience and patience."

I have found peace that I have never known before since I surrendered my life to God's will. Meaning, I let go of the control and look to Him to guide me. That has made the difference in my life this past year. I already have EVERYTHING I need. God has supplied it all. I have a family, shelter, food, clothing, a church family, health. And it doesn't matter if our circumstances (house, income) change. God will provide all our needs. Relying on anything else(like our own resources) is idolatry.

No comments:

Post a Comment